Sometimes you’re powerless.
Tag Archives: Takers v. Makers
Podcast — Contrasts and justice (Part 2)
Choices and inevitability
Contrasts and justice (Part 2)
- Podcast — Contrasts and justice in downtown Baltimore | The Homeless Blogger
- For us | The Homeless Blogger
- Learning curve | The Homeless Blogger
- Starbucks | Search Results | The Homeless Blogger
- McDonald’s #2763 | The Homeless Blogger
- Starbucks Locations Across Five States Closing in July: List (businessinsider.com)Coo
- 6 Starbucks stores across L.A. area permanently close – Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)
- A rise in retail crime causing Eddie’s of Mount Vernon to consider closing | WBFF (foxbaltimore.com)
- ‘Lady In The Lake’ Series Halts Production After Extortion Threats – Deadline
Per a different article, this was at 200 Park Avenue.
- The Turtles, “Happy Together”
- George Michael, “Hand to Mouth”
Podcast — Contrasts and justice in downtown Baltimore
You get what you choose, whether you want it or not.
Contrasts and justice in downtown Baltimore
- Dreaming of my own place
- Lexington Market – Wikipedia
- Inner Harbor – Wikipedia
- Harborplace – Wikipedia
Music: Chicago, “Saturday in the Park”
Continue reading Podcast — Contrasts and justice in downtown Baltimore
7. Mooring oneself in What Is
THE WAY OF PEACE
|← 6. Sales pitch||Home||8. Heart and soul →|
Hold to God’s unchanging hand.
When not at sea, a boat is normally tied, or moored, to a dock. The waves rise and fall, the winds blow this way and that, but the boat is stable and secured because it is moored.
The storms of life buffet us this way and that, and one can lose oneself in the chaos and confusion. Managing, coping, requires that one have some mooring somewhere. Some folk moor themselves in a concept, a dogma, such as Biblical inerrancy or the dogmas of the Roman Catholic Church. Others moor themselves in the dogmas of an ideology, such as Progressivism or identity politics; or a cause, such as environmentalism; or even a romance (a particularly bad choice). I propose instead mooring oneself merely in What Is.
Everything else is subject to change or question or dispute. There is no disputing What Is. And the underlying principles, the principles that underlie existence itself, never change. Continue reading 7. Mooring oneself in What Is
Enamored of fact
And seeking courage.
Motivation and necessity
Wednesday, December 18, 2019
I visited the ATM this afternoon to withdraw cash for this next week’s rent. Certain necessities arose at once, and at once drastic changes occurred in my motivations, hopes and dreams.
Podcast – Now he’s in a wheelchair.
Goodwill IS wealth.
The William Tell Show — Now he’s in a wheelchair
Pharrell Williams, “Happy”
Rejoice in others’ blessings
If a young man at my church had done this,
he’d still be alive today.
Now that I’m seeking it, I can talk about it.
The center of the universe is you.
Here and now, this moment, wherever you are — that is the center of the universe, for you.
From this point, you can move in any direction, in any direction. But you can only begin here. You cannot begin from anywhere else.